Also called mini-splits, a ductless split heat pump provides the same heating and air conditioning as a ducted heat pump but it does not require ductwork. The system is composed of three main components—an indoor unit(s), an outdoor compressor unit and a remote control. All ductless systems are connected by refrigerant lines and can be mounted on the wall or in the ceiling.
Since there is no ductwork to install, it’s easy to add Mitsubishi’s reliable heating and air conditioning to any home, in any room desired. It’s an economical and efficient option for homes without an existing ducted system or when adding ductwork may be impractical or too expensive. With systems that can have up to 4 indoor units, your entire home can now be heated and cooled. Ductless split heat pump systems are a perfect retrofit to homes that use baseboard heating because the system can save a homeowner 60% off the baseboard heating costs. At those rates, it takes only 2 – 5 years to pay off the installation cost.
- Specially designed air vents efficiently reduce the operating sound to provide quiet comfort. The indoor and outdoor units are nearly inaudible.
- Provides temporary high-speed operation to reach your desired temperature quickly.
- Sleep Mode Function
- Based on a set sleeping time, the temperature can automatically rise or fall to maintain comfort in the room while you sleep, saving energy in the process.
- The fan runs when the heating or cooling is stopped to prevent bacteria from forming. The unique catechin filter, made from an additive abstracted from natural green tea, provides long-lasting sterilization and removes up to 95% of potentially harmful bacteria.
- Anti-cold Design
- Air is pre-heated during heating operation to prevent blowing cold air directly to the room.
- You set the time for the unit to operate automatically when you want.
- Wireless Remote Control
- Each indoor unit is controlled with a wireless remote control (purchased separately) so you can easily control your system from anywhere in the room. The “I feel” function (with specific models) enables the system to sense temperature at the remote control, rather than at a thermostat.
- In case of power loss, the system will restart in the previous operation mode without the need to reset the system.